Monday, October 5, 2009

5 YEARS AGO WE SAID "I DO"






Five years ago, October 7th 2004, Frank and I said "I Do" before God at Iglesia Biblica Emmanuel (my home church) in Lima-Peru. In fact, we have two dates that we celebrate our anniversary, on October 5th we had our civil wedding and October 7th we had our religious ceremony. In Peru, weddings are a little different that in the States. These years have been very challenging for us, especially when there are young children and you are married with a preacher, life can get tough. However, this time together has helped us learn more about ourselves and hold each other accountable before the Lord, accepting our differences and surrender to the Lord those areas in our lives that need refining from The One and Only. Today, in our fifth anniversary we can say that our love has increased for each other, making our marriage stronger and growing more spiritually. There are many things we have learned together and we give thanks to our Wonderful and Merciful Savior who is the foundation in our marriage. Just recently, I heard this definition of marriage: "Marriage is the abandoning of two different worlds to create a new world" Barbara O'Chester. I really agreed with this statement. As a minister wife, I have understood that God has put in my hands the most important ministry of all my husband and my children.
" Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh" Genesis 2:24
Happy anniversary, my beloved husband!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How Beautiful. I am also blessed to have you as a "daughter" that I never had. You have brought so much happiness to our family and to my son, Frankie. I have never seen him so happy. Discovering the Lord, built his foundation. Marrying you and having 2 lovely daughters has increased his happiness. God has brought the two of you togeather and blessed you with much happiness. May your blessings be more and your happiness never ending. Love MoM

Ellington Family said...

thank you Marie!

Anonymous said...

Sandra said
Time has passed fast! It seems it was yesterday...Our dear God has been glorified in yours, yesssss! look at yourselves, look at your beautiful daughters that He has given to you...You are a blessed family. Glory to God forever and ever.
May God continues blessing you all.
kisses