Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas at Grandma Marie's






This past weekend Dec 18th and 19th, we had our first Christmas reunion at Frank's mom in Charlotte. She gave both of her sons a nice gift for Christmas, a night at the Embassy Suites Hotel where she works with breakfast included. It was a nice getaway for us with not kids for one night. However,since it was my first night away from the girls I couldn't sleep all night, isn't that bad?. Marie, had her house decorated everywhere, from top (roof) to bottom, not kidding? She put a lot of work and thought into that. It was nice to have a Christmas together for the first time ever since I have been married to her son. My girls were so excited with her cat, called Bj, they had a sleep over that Saturday night with their cousins. Also, I had the opportunity to see Charlotte downtown, there were so many places I wanted to visit but everything was closed on Sunday except the malls. I had the great opportunity to visit the biggest mall outlet that I ever been "Concord Mills", I walked the 3 miles that this mall is about and found good deals. However, it was too much walk for a pregnant woman, I had to stop every mile. I met a nice peruvian lady Carmen, who works with my mother in law, she, her daughter, and me went to this mall, we had a good time. By the way, I had lunch at the best peruvian restaurant that I have visited so far here in NC, called "Machupichu". They have the best seafood and pollo a la brasa (rostisseri chicken peruvian style)that I have ever eaten here in the States. Now, I know where to go to eat everytime I go to Charlotte. I know Marie had a good time with my girls while me and Frank went out, we enjoyed, thank you Marie.

2 comments:

Drea said...

I didnt know you were expecting again!!! CONGRATS!!! yay :) do u know what you are having?

Anonymous said...

urdpoThank you so much Giovanna for the best Christmas ever..I am so glad you enjoyed yourself. It has been a very long time since I have had everyone for Christmas. I thank God so much. I prayed for snow and got it when you came and when Gregg made it here. Thank you for being a great mother to my Grandchildren and wife to my son. I am so very blessed. Love to you..Love MoM