Thursday, December 20, 2007

Thoughts from Frankie

WOW! What a year! There have been many wonderful memories to reflect upon from 2007. (Check out the slideshow below for a review of special moments in our life) It has been an extremely difficult two semesters at school. I am about the graduate college with my Bachelors degree in Biblical Studies and History. My mind has been in so many different directions this year and sometimes I feel like I am unable to give 100% in anything. But all I can do is do my best and know that the Creator and Master of this Universe, the Lord Jesus Christ, will take my best and use it for His glory in the long run.
Giovanna and I see the world in a totally new light now that we have our little girl Sara. Giovanna is an awesome mother as she somehow finds the time to get up at 6:30am every morning with Sara, feed her, make breakfast, help me get out the door without forgetting anything, take care of Sara all day (which is a real adventure!), make lunch, make dinner, and then put up with me when I get home with all of my complaints and needs... What a woman she is! God is so awesome and full of grace to give me so great a woman that I certainly do not deserve.
Sara is growing so much. I feel like a kid again b/c I am her playmate. We play, laugh, giggle, act silly, and watch Sesame Street together. She will be probably be walking some time in January, when she goes to Peru to spend a month with her family there. They are really looking forward to meeting her and they are currently making plans for a birthday party for her. Her aunt Sandra is working hard making all the preparations.
It is Christmas and I hope you take the time to reflect upon what Christmas is. It is not about Santa Clause. It is not about children. It is not about eating and seeing people. It is not about gifts. (it's not our birthday anyway!). It is about what Paul describes in Philippians 2:5-11. Read it and see if you "get it". MERRY CHRISTMAS! -frankie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My son..You DO deserve a wonderful woman as Giovanna. You have had so mayn ups and downs in your life..God has helped you thru each and everyone one off them. Giovanna is your soul mate...never forget that. You and your family deserve everything God has given you and will be giving you. Our Lord is your Boss...You and Giovanna take directions very well from him and he shows his appreciation with Life, Love and Happiness. NEVER cut yourself short. In Gods Love MoM

Anonymous said...

My mom and I are very ansious to be with Sarita here in Peru. I am very happy to meet and see my niece personally.
Sandra